Monday, April 6, 2009

Healthier White Bread


So I stuck to my promise of making another loaf of bread using the bread machine. I served this bread with the creamy tomato basil soup, it's the bread I used for the grilled cheese sandwich pictured with the soup. If you are not able to use the bread within a few days, slice it and seal in zip lock bag in the freezer. I think the next time I make this I will add more Italian seasoning and basil to give it more flavor.

Healthier White Bread:

Source: Bread Machine: How to prepare and bake the perfect loaf. By: Jennie Shapter

Ingredients:
generous 1 1/2 c. water
4 1/2 c. white bread flour (I used 2 c. wheat flour & 2 1/2 c. white flour)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 T sugar
2 T butter
1 tsp. rapid rise active dry yeast
2 tsp. basil (I added)
1 T. Italian seasoning (I added)

Directions:
Follow directions based on the directions of your bread machine.
I choose: basic bread with a medium colored crust.

No comments: