Apple French Toast
Idea from: http://sweetsavorysouthern.wordpress.com/
½ c whole milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 loaf french bread, cut into 1 inch-thick slices
2 Gala apples
4 T unsalted butter
½ brown sugar
¼ c whole milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a casserole dish, crack eggs and add milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk until well combined then lay bread slices in mixture to coat and absorb it all, turning occasionally.
3. In a small sauce pan over medium high heat melt the butter and sugar, stirring frenquently, until the sugar has carmelized.
4. While the sugar is melting, peel and core apples and cut into slices.
5. Remove from heat and gently risk in the whole milk.
6. Add sliced apples to syrup mixture
7. Top french toast with apples and syrup
8. Bake for 40-45 minutes