Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cupcakes for Reid:


Basic Vanilla Cake
From
Country Living
1 ½ c sifted cake flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ c unsalted butter softened
1 c sugar
2 large eggs room temperature
½ tsp clear vanilla extract
½ c whole milk

Directions:
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cupcake pan. I spray my cupcake liners with pam.
2. Sift the cake flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
3. Beat in the butter one heaping 1/4 teaspoonful at a time, using an electric mixer set on low speed, until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
4. Beat in the sugar a tablespoon at a time, until the mixture resembles fine damp sand.
5. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
6. Add the vanilla and milk, and beat on medium-high, just until blended. Do not over-beat.
7. Bake for 20 minutes; keep an eye on them so they do not over cook.

The original recipe says to bake at 400 degrees; I found this to be to high and made the tops of my cupcakes a little crispy. Thankfully I made these cupcakes for my 2 year old neighbor and he thought they were great.



No comments: