Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Garden Garbage Dip

I made this dip for Thanksgiving and again for Christmas eve. My sister raved about it so much that I need to send her the recipe. The only downside to this recipe is that there is a lot of chopping, but it is well worth it. This dip is versatile and can be easily adjusted to suit your taste.

Photo courtesy of Erin (Erin's Food Files: http://erinsfoodfiles.blogspot.com)

(I made it put she is a much better photographer than I am.)

(adapted from Pillsbury Halloween Magazine, October 2005)


Ingredients:
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened

1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup finely chopped radishes (about 2 medium)
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions (4 medium) (I omitted)
1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber, drained
1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped carrot (not part of the original recipe)
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried dill weed (I doubled it, possibly more)
Dash pepper (I used closer to 1/4 tsp)
assorted vegetables and bread for dipping
Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon into 1-quart serving bowl.

No comments: