Source: The Ultimate Ice Cream Book
¼ c unsalted butter
2 oz unsweetened chocolate
¾ c. sugar
2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
½ c heavy whipping cream
2 tsp vanilla
1. Melt the butter and chocolate together over a double boiler or in a large metal or glass bowl over a pan of simmering water.
2. Combine the sugar and the cocoa in another bowl.
3. Stir the heavy whipping cream into the sugar & cocoa and mix until a thick paste forms.
4. Stir the chocolate paste into the melted chocolate and butter.
5. Cook the mixture over simmering water for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Whisk in the vanilla.
7. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Yields: 1 ½ cups